Iona at Peterborough Crit

Iona at Peterborough Crit

Friday 13 September 2013

Stag 2 The Beast of Burran

Stage 2 saw us once again roll out from Ennis, the song for today was Mr Bubble himself, and I just haven't met you yet...? Over and over , again, only certain words I can remember, amongst concentrating on the bunch and what's happening and making sure I'm NOT drifting to the back.!!!
It was a nice slow roll out, although sometimes I prefer it to be a tad faster, staying with the main bunch until the first real climb of the day, and putting everything into it, I was finding myself just loosing touch, however this was with  a good number of other girls and it was with these that I spent the rest of the journey with.
The corkscrew climb wasn't as bad as I had geared it up to be, and it seemed over before it had begun, we had really started to form a nice good number of girls in our group
Past the lovely coast line, which was at this point completely fogged out, and it was really starting to rain. Strangely by now for a small while, I was singing in my head, "it's a beautiful day"  and oddly enough, until I had , had the conversation with my best room Karen Poole back at the hotel I didn't realise that the song was sung by The Levellers, but it's one that does pop into my head when perhaps the sun isn't shining as much as I believe it should be.

We rolled on, and eventually passed the sign for 20km to go, and we were working all together well. Then 5km to go, and I guess on tired legs, it was ts that I found more testing, but again, 100m was in sight, and I was so pleased, it was a good hard day, testing, I came in 74th which put me back a few platings to 64th on GC, but still happy with personal performance.

Sandra