Iona at Peterborough Crit

Iona at Peterborough Crit

Thursday 20 June 2013

Hillingdon

After the previous nights excitement at the London nocturne crit Karen and myself turned up to the Hillingdon GP. Knowing the circuit suited me I wanted to ride aggressively in the race and try and turn some heads which I never get chance to do as I'm always clinging on for dear life! This lead me to go for pretty much all the primes in the race getting out sprinted every time by Amy Hill to come 2nd in my attempts! It was rather frustrating but I felt please to have been able to attacked and recovery every time quick enough to not suffer the rest of the race. Karen also had a good race showing some good attacks to get the field moving initially. After many primes sprints and not many successful attacks from the other riders it was a bunch sprint into the finish. Me and Karen found ourselves in the worst position, at the back! Being boxed in we had nowhere to go and with lots of dodgy riding in the final lap which caused me to nearly crash twice I was just pleased to finish on my bike and not on the Tarmac. A disappointing result for a race which I felt strong enough to get a top 10 but happy to have featured in the sprints and show the national riders I'm not just some chopper on a nice bike! Brit