Iona at Peterborough Crit

Iona at Peterborough Crit

Friday 26 July 2013

Sheffield GP and Prissik 4th Cat Mens Race


 After a poor National Crit Race I went to Sheffield GP with a different frame of mind. Due to illness I had 3 weeks of hardly any training after the National Road Race this made me unable to race the Curlew Cup and affected the Essex Giro and also the Otley Crit where I struggled on the Saturday in Essex and got dropped on the last 3 laps at Otley. I have recently managed to pick up my training again so went to Sheffield with the intention of it being a hard training session for me. It was a great course with a short climb and lots of cobbles. It set went from the off and was a very fast pace as to be expected. I lasted longer than York and pulled out with 15 minutes to go after I got dropped around the final corner to the finish when I lost a wheel. Helen Wyman went on to storm away from the bunch pulling 48 seconds and taking a solo win. Hannah Barnes won the bunch sprint. I will definitely be back next year to the race hopefully with better form than present!

The next evening I went up to Prissik to support Rob who was racing the elite race and thought I may as well race with the 4th Cat men for some training. I ended up feeling really strong again which was a nice change! I came 3rd in the prime and took 3rd in the final bunch sprint. It was nice to feel abit more like my normal self after afew months of illness and injury. Onwards and Upwards!


Brit