Iona at Peterborough Crit

Iona at Peterborough Crit

Sunday 28 April 2013

Yorkshire Day @ The Races 2, Dishforth

Saturday 27th April.

I decided I'd head to Dishforth for race 2 of the Yorkshire Day @ the races.  There was a field of 8 girls and we were to set off with the 4th cat men.  It was very windy, as always, on the very exspossed airfield!

The circuit is 3 and a 1/2 miles long and it set off fast, even into the head wind off the start line.  By the time we reached the back straight on the first lane, I was spinning out trying to hang onto the wheel in front.  I got distanced and found myself in a small group of 4.  We caught 1 and 2s of riders up ahead as the race went on I managed to drop the 3 original riders I had been riding with and work with 2 stronger lads on the last lap into the finish!  

There had been one girl ahead in the main bunch, who won the Women's race and also finished 2nd overall in the 4th cat men's race.  I came in to finish 2nd in the Women's race, and win a whole £8 on top of getting my entry fee back, yay!

Race finished, then who should arrive but a car with  a bright pink puffer jacket in!  aka (Brit), who had maybe wisely or not decided to give today's race a miss, and so rolled up just in time for the prize presentation!  Anyway wise or not warm up done, now for the tomorrow and the Cheshire Classic!

By Iona