Iona at Peterborough Crit

Iona at Peterborough Crit

Thursday 25 April 2013

Evening Club Time Trials

Evening time trials are great training, and in Sudbury Suffolk, cycle club sudbury had their first Time Trial last thursday.
So along I pop with my old trusty road bike, thinking once i start riding the TT bike, my times will improve each week, psychologically!!
However Turby B had other ideas, as I ended up only getting about 3.5miles down the road before I felt the well known feeling of a puncture, and it was a long walk back to HQ.

This thursday evening however, I took the road bike out to ride the Brent Eleigh course which is a nice 8.7mile circuit. My warm up wasn't too grand, I had a small attack of the cramps, which I felt was unlike me, but when i thought about it, I have had a rather busy working week, lots of 5:30 starts and late finishes, and lots of driving, so I thought I would just ride, and enjoy.

I didn't feel top notch, and had to nurse a small twinge of cramp for a short while after the start. I also had the feeling of a few stomach cramps, and I thought its just tiredness. But I started to finally get into a rhythm, and made it back, with no punctures.

I didn't really feel like I had, had a comfy ride, perhaps too much shifting about, but I managed a 21:41which i am pleasantly surprised with, as it definitely didn't feel like that sought of ride. Time to get the TT bike out!!

By Sandra.